Active Aging Certificate
This course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and effectively provide physical activity in many settings to this unique population.
Aging & Health
The launch of our Active Aging Certificate program (AAC) is in response to the statistics highlighting that the over 50’s are making up the fastest-growing age group in Canada. With this trend expected to continue for the next several decades, we realize that response to exercise is not age-dependent, it’s mind-dependent. This means that at any age or fitness level someone can respond positively to exercise and nutrition and gain benefits. Our new Active Aging Certification Certificate will cover a wide variety of topics related to aging and the very broad spectrum of clients/class participants.
- Definition and Physiology of Aging
Janice Hutton/Nicky Coyne
- Eating Essentials for Vibrant, Active Aging
- Managing Age related Changes/Conditions with Exercise
- Is Low Back Pain Inevitable?
- Active Aging Tips & Tricks – Rapport & Coaching
Lawrence Biscontini & Bernadette O’Brien
- Screening with the PARQ
- Top Exercises for Older Adults
- Understanding the Market
REASONS YOU SHOULD REGISTER TODAY:
- Learn how to work with this diverse group
- Provide appropriate modifications for your clients/participants
- Incorporate Neuroplasticity into your client’s/participant’s workouts
- Identify a pyramid of training priorities to assist fitness professionals in program design
- Gain knowledge of the new PAR-Q+ and the ePARmed-X+ pre-participation self-screening and risk stratification strategy
- Receive education on aging and dietary approaches, common nutrient deficiencies, digestion challenges and alkalinity and inflammation
4 FIS 4 PTS 4 HWL CECs upon completion.
This is an online program.