RECERTIFICATION IS AS EASY AS IT IS IMPORTANT
canfitpro makes your annual recertification seamless. Save money by recertifying early and be assured that your credentials are valid for another year!
3 steps to recertification
All these steps can be done in your canfitpro member portal! Upload copies of your education, CPR, or sign up for a new course today!
Watch the tutorials to learn more on how to get the most out of your canfitpro member portal!
- Recertifying on time every year ensures your credibility as a fitness professional
- You’ll have an up-to-date copy of your certification to display, provide to employers, show clients, and secure insurance
- A valid certification creates more employment and promotion opportunities for you, as well as client retention and personal integrity
- Recertification demonstrates your commitment to ongoing education and your dedication to skill development within the ever-changing fitness industry
- A valid certification is required for liability insurance
There are many ways to deepen your expertise and earn four (4.0) CECs annually to recertify.
canfitpro Approved CECs
canfitpro offers world-class live, online, and blended learning opportunities.
- Attend one of our world-class events across Canada
- Earn CECs through additional canfitpro courses
Download the CEC Provider Information Package
EXTERNAL EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
canfitpro accredits external events. Check with the event provider or canfitpro prior to registering to ensure that CECs are applicable.
Are you interested in offering CECs for your courses or training? Download the CEC Provider Information Package and apply to become a CEC Provider with canfitpro. You can also contact email@example.com for more information.
Non-canfitpro Approved CECs
If you attended an event that was not accredited by canfitpro you may submit for CEC consideration.
- Courses being considered for CECs must be directly related to your professional development within the fitness industry
- Master classes and workouts are not eligible for CECs
EVENTS CONSIDERED FOR QUALIFYING CECS
- Participation in educational workshops, lectures, conferences, or correspondence programs on topics relevant to the health and fitness field
- Participation in college or university courses on topics relevant to the health and fitness field. E.g. Biology, Chemistry, Kinesiology, Physiology, Anatomy, Exercise Science, and Nutrition. Course work and final exams must be successfully completed before your re-certification date
- Published works in which the candidate serves as author/co-author
HOW TO SUBMIT INFORMATION FOR CEC RECOGNITION
- Submit documentation detailing the event being considered for CECs in your canfitpro Member Portal under ‘Support Center’
- Include (where applicable) a certificate or letter of participation/attendance, event description, official school transcripts, and a copy of published works
- CEC review costs $15 per CEC (+ applicable tax), up to a maximum of 4.0 CECs per request
- If an event is accredited for more than one certification (e.g. FIS and PTS), there is no additional charge for multiple designation CECs
- A maximum of 4.0 CECs will be accredited in each one (1) year period
- CECs added through the CEC Recognition process can be carried over into the next recertification period. Up to a maximum of 4.0 CECs can be carried forward