An absolutely ‘winner’ recipe! The secret to this recipe – the combo of organic apple juice or cider and great non-dairy milk (My fave is Edensoy as it’s the best quality, non-chalky non-dairy milk I’ve tasted next to home-made).
Prepare several jars and enjoy this protein and fiber rich breakfast a few times this week. It’ll keep well for about five days and is very family and grab n go friendly.
- Breakfast,Snack, Pre-Post Workout meal, dessert
- Prep Time:5 min plus overnight
- Yield:Makes as many as you like
- Vegan,gluten- free
INGREDIENTS FOR EACH JAR
½ cup organic old fashioned oats
Tiny pinch sea salt
1-2 tbsp each coconut flakes, walnuts, currants
1 tbsp buckwheat groats or hemp seeds
1/2 cup each organic non-dairy milk and apple juice
½ generous tsp cinnamon, dash cloves and nutmeg
1 organic apple,
½ tsp ginger, grated
Berries of your choice
- Measure all of the ingredients but the toppings into a 12 oz mason jar in the order listed. Stir well, cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, grate the apple and ginger, drizzle with lemon juice and spoon over the oats. Top with berries and dive in with your spoon.
- Prep a big batch of the dried mixture together for quick night- before assembly simply adding grated apples, ginger, lemon and berries in the morning.
- Fearful of soy? Read this: https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/soy/
Whole-Self Lifestyle Wellness
REAL FOOD FOR REAL HEALTH®